Thursday, November 20, 2014

Special Christmas Interview with Author Regan Claire



1. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Is there a reason/tradition behind your pick?

Christmas Vacation is a movie I actually watch year round. My family usually puts it on during Thanksgiving preparation, and watches it a few more times throughout the season. Chevy Chase is just hysterical, and I think we all love it so much because the family dysfunction is reminiscent of our own behavior around the holidays.

2. If you could kiss anyone under the mistletoe, who would it be??? (Significant others not allowed!)


Well, if I could smooch anyone... I'd have to pick Matt Bomer from the show White Collar. I mean, great smile, bright blue eyes, and the kind of hair you just want to run your fingers through. I'm not sure if its the actor or the character he plays that I'd really want under that mistletoe, because there is just something about a suave con-man that wears nothing but expensive suits that is just delicious.

So, him... or any male actor from any CW show ever. Cough cough-Supernatural- cough.


3. What was the best, and worst, Christmas you ever had?


This is actually kind of hard. I've had more than one "best Christmas" but I suppose my favorite would be the one when my oldest was about 14mo, so it was the first one where she kind of knew what was happening. We had Christmas Eve dinner with my family, and she chased around her cousins while we all shared a perfect meal, and Christmas day she opened her ENORMOUS amount of presents (thanks to my Black Friday-shopping mother). It was hilarious to watch her open everything, since she was more fascinated by the opening-the-toys than the playing-with-the-toys. We made our first home videos, ate more great food, and just had the perfect holiday.

My worst? Well, it wasn't really terrible or anything, but it was the first (and only) Christmas that I spent with my fathers family. I was raised by my mom, but have a great relationship with my paternal grandparents despite not having any sort of relationship with my dad. When I was in high school, they invited my mother and I to spend Christmas with them. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life. Again, not bad, but I was surrounded by family I barely knew (including a half-sister), with traditions that were nothing like the ones I was raised with. Add to that the fact that my mothers family goes all out for christmas, and i had more presents than everyone else put together (including my toddler aged cousin), and I couldn't help but feel like I didn't really belong there. Oh, and I got violently sick just in time for the Christmas party they have every year. I made myself go, but I definitely felt like death warmed over.


4. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?


I love everything. The music, the movies, the cookies... and of course the presents, haha. Actually, I love Christmas dinner. Sitting around a table full of great food and surrounded by family and close friends is the best. I was raised as an only child by a single parent, so it was mostly just the two of us. Any time that we got together with the rest of the family was amazing, and Christmas was always one of those times. It's especially great now, because everyone has grown up and has their own families. The holidays are the only times we are guaranteed to all get together, and I'm really excited to see all of our children play together!

5. Which character that you've written loves Christmas the most? Worst? Why?


Cash LOVES Christmas. Lots of food + presents? It's right up that boys alley.

I wouldn't say that Della hates Christmas, but she certainly doesn't love it. She's not overly sentimental, so while a lot of people in her position would dislike the day because it reminds them of everything they didn't have, she just doesn't care all that much. I'd say she would love Christmas if she ever gets to experience a REAL one, but she hasn't.



Thanks, Regan!

Where to find Regan:

Facebook
TheRebelWriters.com
And be sure to check out her upcoming release, Tempering Earth, releasing on Nov. 25th.


Bio:
A Tidewater girl born and bred, my first friend and love was the Atlantic. Growing up being told the legends about Pirates and American Natives common in coastal VA and NC, coupled with being an only child, did wonders for my imagination; I've had one foot in fantasy-land ever since, a trait my dear husband heroically endures (and one I secretly hope my daughters have inherited). We moved inland to Nashville when I was entering tweenhood and not a day goes by that I don't miss my childhood playmate and her crashing waves. Nashville has her perks though, namely the love of my life and our two sweet girls. Our insane mutt-dog and the stray cat that refuses to leave our porch aren't too bad either. I love fairy tales A LOT, teen movies (preferably with dancing or singing), read entirely too much, and am constantly late.



No comments:

Post a Comment