Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Special Christmas Interview with Author Jill Cooper



1. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Is there a reason/tradition behind your pick?

There are so many favorite Christmas movies for different stages of life, but one I've loved since a kid was The Christmas Carol, with Albert Finney as Scrooge. I don't know why I loved it when I was so young, as it's not really made for kids. I think it was the theatrics and big performances, almost like you were watching a play.

2. If you could kiss anyone under the mistletoe, who would it be??? (Significant others not allowed!)


Oh man! If it can't be my husband I guess it would have to be Santa. Or Dean Winchester. Tee!

3. What was the best, and worst, Christmas you ever had?


Best Christmas, it just keeps on getting better! Probably the first Christmas with our daughter. She was 10 months old at the time and it was so magical when she got her first doll. She had never seen a doll before and she was mystified.

When I first got married and traditions were up in the air. It was hard because we were young and Christmas didn't mean to my husband what it meant to me. Though it's been 17 years now and he's been trained, ha ha.


4. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?


Um, just one? I guess the music and the twinkling lights. Oops! You got me, but seriously, who can keep it to just one? The music, especially the old classics, make me so happy and warm inside. Not so much the new pop songs, but the old ones by Bing Crosby, Nat Cole, and the like.

5. Which character that you've written loves Christmas the most? Worst? Why?


Natalie Johnson from Dream Slayer loves it the most because while she's always out hunting vampires, she's just a little girl at heart. She loves twinkling lights, hot cocoa, and warming by a fire.

Lara Crane would hate it the most because her mother was killed when she was little, and her father always works. Even on holidays, because he does what he has to, to take care of her and keep a roof over their heads.




Thanks, Jill!



Where to find Jill's books:

The Dream Slayer, YA Urban Fantasy is free on Amazon. It's first in a 7 book series.
Bio:
I could write this in the third person. I could tell you what I like, where I was born, and what my favorite things are.

But instead, I'll say I don't want to write like everyone else. I don't want to craft stories you've read a thousand times before. I want my novels to be a cinematic experience, blending themes, genres, and situations unlike any you've ever read. 

I want to break the rules. I want you to break out in a cold sweat as you read my books out of fear, love, and excitement. I want my books to be an experience. When you finish, I want you to feel something. Good or bad.

If you do, then I'll have succeeded. If not, I'll keep trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment